Work From Home With Avon

Work From Home With Avon

I have only been selling Avon for a few months, but growing up I remember my mom was always ordering Avon and was good friends with her Avon ladies.  She recently started selling Avon herself, and I saw how much fun she was having with it, so I decided to join her.  I had no idea the opportunities I was opening myself up to when I made this decision.

Here is why I'm already so excited about deciding to sell Avon. 

Success is possible in EVERY SITUATION

When I first started out, I had no confidence in my own success.  I am in an area where I do not know anyone, and I am not the type to start up conversation in public or go knocking on doors.  However, with these obstacles, I am placing my 3rd order with 3 customers and have also had 2 other customers place direct delivery orders.

Avon provides so many tools to help create your own success. I know that if I keep doing what I'm doing and constantly find new ways to build my business, it is going to keep growing faster and faster.


How?

Social media was my first step.  I know people, just not the ones in my area.  Once I got set up as an Avon rep, I set up my Avon e-store and got my url.  I set up a facebook page first.  Then I set up a Twitter, Google +, Pinterest board, and LinkedIn, so I can reach an even wider spectrum of people. 

Get more followers through advertising.  I haven't actually paid to advertise except for on my Facebook page.  I can advertise either my page or one of my page's posts for as low as $1 a day, which is great for me because I'm starting out on a very tight budget.  I have obtained at least 50% of my page likes through advertising.

Additionally, I am on several classified's groups on Facebook for my area.  When I have extra products to sell, or I want to get word out about a really good sale Avon is having I will share my business page on these group pages to advertise for free.  Make sure if you do this, you are not breaking any rules the group has set, so you don't get yourself kicked out of the group.  You don't want to create a bad name for your business in your community.

Finally, I created this blog.  I got the idea from several other Avon bloggers and saw the example of their success and so I wanted to be able to do the same thing.  At the same time, I am able to help out other Avon reps, give out beauty and health tips, help my team, recruit more Avon reps, and get more sales.  I love the idea of having a blog for your business.  If you decide to start a blog for Avon, make sure to read their terms and conditions for social media to make sure you are complying to all the rules.

Local Advertising was my second step.  I order about 30 Avon catalogs every time I place an order.  I don't have 30 customers yet.  So I found businesses in my community that would let me leave a small stack of Avon catalogs with them. If they won't let me leave catalogs, I made sure to get some business cards that I will leave instead.  I like to try to switch up the businesses so I can reach more people.  This is all I have done so far.  I haven't done any door to door knocking or tossing yet. Tossing is basically distributing your old brochures to a community or a neighborhood by tossing them onto people's porches or driveways. There are some people that get upset about it, but as long as you make sure with your city that you are not breaking any laws by doing this, you can toss as much as you want.

Also, any time I go anywhere just to run errands, I make sure to bring my Avon bag with me and wear my pin.  This lets people know I am an Avon lady and that way they can approach me and ask for a book.  This helps me a lot because I do much better socially when someone else approaches me and starts the conversation.  I'm way too shy and awkward if I have to start it, but I know eventually I will need to get myself out there and I am working on my shyness.

Why?

Like I mentioned earlier I chose Avon because I know Avon.  I know they've been around forever and I know they were already a well established company.  I love their products and I love talking about beauty products.  I want to go into cosmetology and I knew I was going to enjoy Avon.  

What I didn't know before I signed up is you can easily make 6 figures being an Avon rep if you work really hard at it.  Avon is constantly doing incentives and giving out prizes.  You can get the opportunity to travel and take your family on vacations.  You can get your Avon business established well enough that you can take time off work for emergencies, medical reasons, or even just to spend time with family, and you're business can still be working for you.  

Another reason I love Avon so much is the causes they get involved in.  They have the 39 Mile Walk To End Breast Cancer every year that they do in about 6 cities across the country, plus many other things they do to help breast cancer patients and their families.  The Avon Foundation also has the Speak Out Against Domestic Violence cause.  I love that Avon gets so involved with helping other people even if they don't work for Avon.  I get more passionate about this company for these reasons.